SCUF Vantage Firmware Updates
The SCUF Vantage is a feature rich licensed PS4 controller that pushes the boundaries of innovation and as such we will occasionally provide free feature enhancements and bug fixes.
We are aware that a limited number of our customers have experienced occasional bugs related to our firmware, and we wanted to inform you that those issues have been resolved with version 0.8, now available for download below.
Firmware version 0.8 fixes the following isolated and infrequent issues:
- Optimizes thumbstick responsiveness, addressing cases that relate to “deadzone” or "drift"
- Resolves occasional loss of remapping settings when turning off PS4/Pro console
- Fixes Bluetooth pairing issues which have been identified on occasions (for Wireless controllers)
- Addresses an issue that could cause hypersensitive triggers
How do I know if my SCUF Vantage needs updated firmware?
- If you are not experiencing any issues, then no action is required on your part at this time.
- If your SCUF Vantage shipped after November 3rd from scufgaming.com, your controller already has the latest version of the firmware installed so there’s no action required on your part.
- If you are experiencing issues, and your SCUF Vantage shipped from scufgaming.com prior to November 3rd, then your controller most likely does not have the most recent version of the firmware (0.8).
- If you are experiencing issues, and you purchased a SCUF Vantage from GameStop prior to November 14th, then your controller most likely does not have the most recent version of the firmware (0.8).
Options for updating to Firmware Version 0.8
We understand that a number of customers have been patiently waiting for an update from us. SCUF Gaming apologizes for the inconvenience this may have caused you and recognizes the importance of getting updates to you.
- If you are one of the users experiencing issues and would like to manually update your controller, see the section below for how to download. Please note that the initial version of this downloader will only work on computers that run Windows 10.
- If you would rather get the update directly from us now, we are offering a program free of charge to update your controller for you right away. See below to learn more.
How to manually install 0.8
Before you begin, please read the following:
- Confirm that you’re using a computer with Windows 10. This update will not work on other operating systems or older versions of Windows.
- After downloading and extracting the file below, onto your desktop or documents/download folder, double click the VantageUpdater.exe application to begin the firmware update.
Watch the video above for step by step instructions on how to install the firmware update.
Please note in order to install you may need to adjust your antivirus settings. For example, if you have Windows Defender and you are prompted, click "more info". After ensuring the App is VantageUpdate.exe then click "Run anyway".
If you do not have access to a Windows 10 PC, scroll down to the Shipping Label Request Form section below to send your controller to us free of charge and we will update it for you.
NOTE: this update is for the SCUF Vantage only and not intended to work with any other controllers, including other SCUF models.
Once you’re ready to download the SCUF Vantage Firmware Updater, click below:
Firmware Update Mail-in-Service
This is only valid for SCUF Vantage controllers being sent in for a firmware update (version 0.8). Here’s how the process works:
- Have your SCUF Vantage Serial Number on hand. Click here for where to find it.
- Please complete this UPS web form (please be sure to enable cookies).
- From there, you will be given a free, prepaid shipping label to send your SCUF Vantage in to us for updating.
- Place the controller in the original box and package it up well to ensure that the controller does not get damaged en route.
- After we receive your Vantage, we will update the controller and get it back to you within 1 week.
Troubleshooting your manual update to Firmware 0.8
Please follow the steps below if your SCUF Vantage controller still has issues after manually installing Firmware Update 0.8:
- If your thumbstick issues persist, please run the Firmware Updater again and perform the thumbstick calibration steps. If you are still experiencing issues after a 2nd attempt, please contact our Customer Support team by clicking here.
- If you are still unable to pair your SCUF Vantage in Bluetooth to your PlayStation 4, please note that your SCUF Vantage will show up as “SCUF Controller” under Bluetooth devices in the PlayStation settings even when the controller is not in Pairing Mode. This mode is entered by pressing simultaneously the Share & PS buttons until the controller light starts flashing. If you try to pair the SCUF Vantage without entering the Pairing Mode first, the connection to the PS4 will fail. Please ensure the pairing mode is activated first.
- In rare cases where the SCUF Vantage or another Bluetooth device is in Pairing Mode and that device does not show up in the Bluetooth device list, or is not able to connect, please perform a full restart of your PS4 console. If the problem still persists, please contact customer service by clicking here for additional support.
For other inquiries unrelated to the above, please contact our customer support directly.