READ THIS WARRANTY BEFORE USING YOUR GAME CONTROLLER OR ACCESSORY!
This Warranty is provided to you by Scuf Gaming International, LLC, its affiliates and/or subsidiaries. Upon showing proof of purchase and subject to the additional terms and conditions of this Warranty, your Game Controller or Accessory may be repaired or replaced by Scuf Gaming. Please read this Warranty carefully. This Warranty may not be transferred to a third party. By using your Game Controller or Accessory, you agree to, understand and accept the terms and conditions of this Warranty. This Warranty shall be your sole remedy. Any legal, national or provincial remedies available to you shall not be affected by the terms of this Warranty. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THIS WARRANTY, DO NOT USE YOUR GAME CONTROLLER OR ACCESSORY. RETURN YOUR GAME CONTROLLER OR ACCESSORY TO SCUF GAMING INTERNATIONAL, LLC, SCUF GAMING EUROPE LTD OR THE DISTRIBUTOR/RETAILER FROM WHICH YOU MADE YOUR PURCHASE.
1. What Do Some of These Terms Mean?
- a) “Accessory”- Any equipment, excluding Game Controllers, or merchandise purchased from Scuf Gaming International, LLC, Scuf Gaming Europe Ltd. or an authorized Scuf Gaming distributor
- b) “Us,” “our” or “we”- Any Scuf Gaming entity including, but not limited to, Scuf Gaming International, LLC, Scuf Gaming Europe Ltd., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries
- b) “You”, “your”, or “customer” – The original purchaser or original end-user of a Game Controller or Accessory
- c) “Normal Wear and Tear” – Use of the Game Controller or an Accessory that results from normal use, wear and/or aging.
- d) “Game Controller” – The video game controller purchased from Scuf Gaming International, SCUF Gaming Europe Ltd., Scuf Gaming, LLC and its affiliates and/or subsidiaries
- e) “Warranty”- Our promise to repair, replace or provide a full refund of your purchase which is defective, malfunctions or fails to work. Such Warranty exists for a designated time period following your purchase based on the purchase type, the specific terms applicable to your purchase and the terms contained within this Warranty.
- f) “Warranty Period” – The one-hundred eighty (180) day period following the date you received the Game Controller or the thirty (30) day period following the date you received an Accessory, unless otherwise required by applicable law.
1. What Does the Warranty Cover?
CONSUMER WARRANTY PROTECTION
We provide this Warranty to you to ensure the Game Controller and/or Accessory is free from defect, malfunction or failure. At our expense, we will either replace, repair or provide a full refund of the price you paid for your Game Controller or Accessory, in accordance with the terms of this Warranty. This Warranty does not protect any gaming controller, device, apparatus or accessory not purchased directly from us. If you send us a Game Controller through our SCUF Send-In-Service, only the part(s) which were purchased from us will be covered under this Warranty.
3. How Long Does the Warranty Last?
Without prejudice to any legally binding warranty to which you may be entitled to you by law, we warrant to you that the items that you purchase from us will be free from defects in material and workmanship during the Warranty Period. During the Warranty Period, the Game Controller and any Accessory may only experience normal wear and tear (“Normal Wear and Tear”) to continue to be covered under the Warranty. In addition to the exclusions outlined in Section 4, the Warranty will be void if use of the Game Controller or Accessory exceeds or has damage not caused by Normal Wear and Tear.
4. What Happens if My Game Controller or Accessory Stops Working, Breaks or Can No Longer Be Used?
STEP 1: Troubleshooting
*****Review the troubleshooting tips at***** https://scufgaming.com/support
to assess and possibly resolve the issue you have with your Game Controller or Accessory.
STEP 2: Use Your Warranty
If you are unable to use the troubleshooting tips mentioned above to resolve your issue with your Game Controller or Accessory, please return your Game Controller or Accessory to us and include a copy of your proof of purchase. You are responsible for any and all costs you may incur in shipping your Game Controller or Accessory back to us.
If you purchased a Game Controller directly from SCUF or an authorized distributor (a) within the last 14 days, your Game Controller will be repaired or replaced with proof of purchase, or (b) within the last 180 days, your Game Controller will be repaired at our discretion. After 180 days, you will be responsible for the total cost to repair or replace your Game Controller. If you purchased an Accessory (a) within the last 14 days, please return your Accessory and a copy of your receipt for a full refund, or (b) within the last 30 days, please return the Accessory to us to be replaced. If more than 30 days have lapsed, you are responsible for all costs associated with repairing or replacing your Accessory.
Upon the initial use of your Warranty and after your repaired or replaced Game Controller or Accessory has been shipped to and received by you, your Warranty will be renewed on a one-time basis, an additional 180 days for a Game Controller and an additional 30 days for an Accessory. All repairs and replacements will be made by us free and clear of any liens or encumbrances, as allowed by applicable law.
STEP 3: Warranty Timeframe
Repair or Replacement – After we receive your Game Controller and your payment, if required, it will take us up to five business days to repair or replace it.
Replacement – After we receive your Accessory, it will take up to 7 business days to replace your Accessory.
Full Refund – After we receive your Accessory, it will take up to 7 business days to send out your full refund.
Once your Game Controller or Accessory has been repaired or replaced by us, we will ship them to you, at our expense, back to the original address provided by you during the purchase of the Game Controller or Accessory, unless an alternate shipping address has been provided.
5. What if Your Warranty Has Expired?
If your Game Controller or Accessory is not covered by the Warranty, you are responsible for one hundred percent (100%) of the cost to repair or replace the Game Controller or Accessory. Once we receive your Game Controller or Accessory, we will inspect it to determine the cause of the defect, malfunction or failure. After completing our inspection, we will contact you and inform you of the total repair or replacement cost. If your Game Controller or Accessory is not covered under the Warranty, your Game Controller or Accessory will not be repaired or replaced until we receive payment from you.
If you are seeking a repair, replacement or full refund of your Game Controller or Accessory according to the terms listed above, please provide your name, address, contact number and a brief description explaining the defect, malfunction or failure of your unit to [email protected] then hit submit. You will receive confirmation that your support request has been received and a support ticket number. Please print a copy of the support ticket for your records.
Mail your Game Controller or Accessory and a copy of the support ticket reference number, using a traceable delivery service, along with proof of purchase to us:
In North America and Non-European Union Countries:
Scuf Gaming International, LLC
ATTN: Warranty Department
3970 Johns Creek Court
Suwanee, GA 30024
In the UK and European Union Countries:
Scuf Gaming Europe Ltd.
16 Gelders Hall Road
Leicestershire LE12 9NH
6. What Voids the Warranty?
This Warranty will be voided and will not be applicable if a defect has occurred due to:
- a) Removal of the Scuf Gaming seal or serial number from the Game Controller
- b) Evidence of tampering including, but not limited to, an attempt by you or a third party to open, dismantle, remove any screws, customize, modify or repair the Game Controller or Accessory
- c) Exposure of the Game Controller or Accessory to extreme temperatures
- d) Commercial use of the Game Controller or Accessory, unless authorized by us
- e) Exposure of the Game Controller or Accessory to fluids or other forms of moisture
- f) Attaching the Game Controller to a power cord that exceeds the rated tolerance for the Game Controller
- g) Scratches, dents or other cosmetic changes which alter the Game Controller or Accessory from its original state
- h) Repairs or alterations to the Game Controller or Accessory not completed or authorized by us.
- i) Damage to or unreasonable use to the Game Controller or Accessory.
7. What if I am Unhappy With the Service Provided Under the Warranty?
DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCESS
If for some reason you are unhappy with the service provided under the Warranty, please contact our representatives at: 844-SCUF-IT-UP (728-3488) or (404)-851-9261 (in North America and Non-European Union Countries) or at 44 (0) 1509 812110 (in the United Kingdom and European Union Countries). You may be asked to complete paperwork that details your Warranty issue. Once we receive the appropriate documentation, we will investigate your concerns. Our representatives will contact you to communicate the result of our investigation and let you know (a) any additional action, if applicable, required by you and (b) whether we will take any additional action under the Warranty. You must use this process prior to initiating any claim or action in regards to the Warranty.
8. SCUF’s Responsibility is Limited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We will not be held responsible for any (a) incidental, direct or indirect, punitive or consequential damages, (b) loss of profits, any loss of privacy or confidentiality including the loss of personal information, banking account information or any other confidential information provided by you to us during your purchase of a Games Controller or Accessory, (c) injury or death or (d) loss to real or personal property. Such limitation shall exist even if we knew of the possibility of such loss or damage or had reason to know of such loss or damage. All rights due to you shall be limited and solely contained within the terms and conditions of this Warranty, unless otherwise required by applicable law.
9. What Else Do I Need to Know?
This Warranty will not be changed, added to or modified in any way by other terms and conditions which are not included herein. Unless otherwise required by law, the terms and conditions of this Warranty shall be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia in the United States of America without regard to its conflict of law provisions. All disputes which occur or arise from this Warranty shall be disputed and resolved where the Company is located, or in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, Atlanta Division, U.S.A. As a user of the Game Controller or Accessory, you understand, agree and accept the terms of this Warranty and agree to abide by the product Terms and Conditions not contained herein, but shall be deemed a part of the Warranty as if originally included herein. This Warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.